Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome

As a Sociology and Telecommunication Arts double major at the University of Georgia, I am very interested in different cultures. I would like to travel the United States and the world. I believe that every group of people has something to offer, and that it is a great wonder- all the beliefs and different ways of life that make up humanity. Join me in my exploration of different communities, cities, and cultures. For the documentation of today's ways of life ensures future survival.

2 comments:

  1. Again, the word "culture." (See my earlier post to Australian Bulldog.) We have "high culture," "low culture," "pop culture" and a ton of others. Weighty stuff. Think about the word, how you "mean" when you use it. What precisely are you talking about?

    Also, what is the difference between writing "The imprint of the human foot" and "The human footprint?" Also, in that sentence should "its" be "it's?" Did I put the quotation marks in the right places here?

    How many "cultural formations" are you currently a part of?

    Good blog topic. I want to learn more about Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will address what I mean by culture in each post.

    There is no real difference between writing "The imprint of the human foot" and "The human footprint," other than one is my voice and the other is a cliche.

    I am not exactly sure what you mean by "cultural formations." I am part of the African-American culture in America, the college campus culture, and I am a Southerner. However, I do not completely operate within the norms of any of these groups.

    ReplyDelete